Sunday, February 12, 2012

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

Oh my aching back, no really, it was. Woke up this morning fine, but by the time I was going to shower up and head out to the gym, my back was feeling sore. I decided I would just go sit in the jacuzzi and let the hot water and jets do some therapy for me. So out the door I went for the 10 minute walk to the gym that took nearly 25 minutes! Yes, I was in such pain a couple times that I had to stop and hope that the pain would go away. Got to the gym and headed over to the jacuzzi and decided that I would also have a steam to loosen up warm me before heading into the jets of the jacuzzi. Got in close to an hour and a half of both and it seemed to help some. My walk back to heave breakfast went much better. Not quite good enough to head out to a movie this afternoon, but at least the pain was mostly gone.

So, I sat at home all afternoon, catching up on move PVR stuff (yes, there's a lot on there and still a lot more. We've barely touched the surface). Odessa, our cat, hopped up onto my lap a couple times. Once while I was at the computer and the other time while I was on the couch. George mentioned she doesn't do that for him. I guess I have to have one bondable thing between me and Odessa.

We watched the Grammy awards during dinner tonight. I enjoyed a lot of the performances. Not all, but for the most part they were very good. Adele is amazing and I am so glad her throat doesn't appear to have been harmed from the surgery last fall. Nikki Minaj's performance is likely going to cause a huge uproar in the Vatican. Never the less, I actually think I might have enjoyed it. Will take a couple more listen to's, but I think it has a certain appeal. Jennifer Hudson doing the tribute song to Whitney was equally amazing. It's so very sad that a huge talent had her life end so early. She was my age, and I can't imagine my life being cut short, so young. Although no cause of her death is confirmed, I am almost certain that drugs and/or alcohol contributed to it. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends now.

I have to head to bed now. Waited a little long to write tonight and it's past my normal bedtime. Hopefully I will wake up without a sore back tomorrow. It was definitely not fun today. At least I'm not an early start for the first couple days in case I'm slow moving at first. Also hoping that the week goes by quickly so I can enjoy my week off (even if the long range forecast is for rain to start). It will be nice to get the stuff done we wanted to here and have a few relaxing moments as well.

So I'll leave you with a good night wish and will chat again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment