All right, I feel bad about not writing much yesterday. I've tried to formulate a plausible excuse, and the closest I could come to anything is to say it's to match the shortest month of the year. But that wouldn't cut it in my books, or any of my readers. No, I was just late in getting to my writing. End. Period. Moving on.
Today started with a yawn and a 'I really don't want to get out of bed' thought. But reality prevailed and I got up to start the day. As much as I wanted to stay in bed, I knew that I had to get to work. So my morning went as it usually does. Coffee, news, email shower, lunch, get dressed, and head out the door. Made it all on schedule, headed to Starbucks and then off to the train. I really enjoy my walks in the morning to catch the train. For the most part the streets are quiet and peaceful. I can't say the same for my walk/bus ride home.
Today the ride home got my temporarily trapped in a bit of a traffic jam. We saw a bunch of police cars and a couple ambulances blocking the street out of downtown right in front of the Tim Hortons where someone was shot a few weeks ago. Of course everyone on the bus was speculating a to what was happening. I checked my tweets, and learned that a girl had been stabbed at the high rise building above Tim Hortons. I quickly sent a friend of mine, who lives in that building, an email asking her if all was ok (hoping she was at work). She let me know that she was at work, so didn't affect her. I didn't see anymore on this, other than when we drove by, we saw the police taking a guy to the paddy wagon, in handcuffs. Nothing on the news tonight either. Are these events too commonplace to make the news anymore? I certainly hope not.
I also heard today from a friend of mine, Keith, who had applied for a job where I work. He told me that he had been called up for his second interview, but when they told him that he would not be offered part-time and that it could take years before he was offered part-time, he declined the second interview. It's funny that the company would not offer part-time to someone who is willing to work and would likely stay there because they were doing something they wanted to do. Go figure. So after his phone call, he got to have some more leisure time in Puerto Vallarta, where he was enjoying a little get away for the last couple of weeks or so.
I just had another friend, Matthew, come back from Puerto Vallarta after an extended stay down there, and now my other friend is down there. I'm getting a little jealous, as Puerto Vallarta is one of my favourite places to relax in. We used to go every year and always enjoyed our time there. I asked Keith that if he ran into another friend of mine, Terrence, to say a big hello from us. Terrence moved down there to open up a business with his partner, after leaving his nursing position at St. Paul's Hospital. That's where I first met him when he was one of my nurses during my stay there when I was getting chemo for lymphoma. It's such a small world where we have a circle of friends who seem to meet and cross paths more often than we can imagine.
Tomorrow is Friday. Almost time for the Friday dance. I'll be off early and then when I go back next week, it will be on my own shift which starts a little later. Almost like a long weekend for me. Then it's only two weeks until holidays. Yay! Not planning to go anywhere, but it will be time to beat the rush and start some early spring cleaning. We really do need to purge some more.
And now that coffee is being ground so that we can have a fresh pot in the morning, I'll sign off and call it a day. I will report back tomorrow, sometime after the Friday dance and let you know how my day went and see where my thoughts ramble off to then. Good night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment