Hump day almost completed. Two more shifts and vacation time begins. It's only a week off and we don't have plans to go anywhere, but we will probably be busy. Spring cleaning will be starting early, plus we have to get our passports updated so they have the proper validity for our visit to Thailand.
We also got a bit of 'possible' good news at work. There is a group of us who had been told when we chose to sever with our previous employer, that once we reached what would be 25 years of continuous employment, we would regain certain travel benefits we had previously held prior to our severance. I say 'possible' because another work group told us that they won their battle today, and we know that our date in front of the judge is scheduled for a week from today. It would stand to reason that if they got it, then it would be the same for us, as our severance agreements were written up pretty much identical in this regard. I will wait until it is in writing, though, before I start shouting with glee.
I dropped into my barber for a haircut after work today. I hadn't been by for nearly 2 months and was feeling rather shaggy. I have a great barber. I usually am able to send him a text message and if not the same day, I can usually have my hair cut by the next day at the latest. It's also handy that he's only about 2 blocks away. Gotta look clean and fresh for my passport photo next week.
George has a friend coming in to town tomorrow from up north. We are hoping to get together with her for dinner one night, but will be subject to her schedule since she is down here on business. Hopefully we will be able to make arrangements so we can see her.
I've got another early morning tomorrow. Was kind of weird getting up so early again. I couldn't remember what time I had to be done what morning thing. Also not sure what time I had to get to the train, so as usual, I was earlier than necessary. Oh, well, better early than late. And speaking of late, it's time for me to get ready for bed so I can start it all over again...but only 2 more shifts! Talk to you again tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment