Worked a slightly different shift today. Not my usual 1100 start, nor my 0700 trade. Instead, I was a 1000 start. It was a rather strange start time for me. Seemed like it was too early to get a gym visit in without rushing but late enough not to have to rush to work. What I did find nice about it was being off by 1800. Caught my train home and managed to catch a bus without having to do the extra 15-20 minute walk. That's kind of a bonus at the end of a work day. It was also nice as George and I got to have an earlier dinner than usual.
It was a good day for other things too. I needed some help from a friend with something I was planning to do, and they were quickly glad to assist without question and even offering various options for me. It's always a wonderful experience to know that there are people like this who without hesitation, are more than willing to give. It turned out that I had to go with a different option, but the fact that they were there when I asked will always be remembered. It's great to know that there are people out there who have been raised to such a high standard. Kudos to them and their parents.
It's a little more than a week until holidays, time for some spring cleaning to occur. I'm actually looking forward to it. I often ask myself why I have held onto things for so long, when I never use them. I still have some stuff in boxes that have not been opened since we moved into this place. That is not good. All that tells me is that it is keeping something for no reason, almost like hoarding, but not to such an extreme as we see on TV or hear about in the news. If I were to ever get like that, it would frighten even me. Nope, not going to let that happen. Purge, purge, purge!
Tomorrow I'm back to my regular shift, plus a gym stop beforehand. That means it's bedtime for me. I need to get up in time to have some coffee before my workout tomorrow, and time to catch up on my emails and birthday notices. So I'll sign off for now. I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with some interesting details in my day. Until then, sweet dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment