Why does this week seem to be taking forever to go by. Well, at least tomorrow is Friday, and the weekend will be here. It also was another rather mundane day. I did manage to make it to the gym this morning, and then it was off to work. No excitement at all. Oh, I did find out that the vacant position in my department is being filled by someone who was one of the first 'new' people I met when I came back to work after I went through my cancer treatments. He greeted me by name everyday with a big smile, and I had no idea who he was for a long time. He's a very quiet gentleman who doesn't talk a lot. He is told me a little about his family, but for the most part, he is just happy to be doing what he does, whatever that may be. He is also junior to me, so that definitely means I move up another position in our department. Perhaps I'll get a better shift after all (fingers crossed).
George got us some tickets for the Home and Garden Show during our vacation. I was thinking about going, so this will be our opportunity. We also have a dinner planned this weekend. We were hoping to go to the Hamilton Street Grill, but when we called for reservations for the 4 of us, they were already booked up. Not sure if it has anything to do with Illuminate Yaletown this weekend, but one never knows. We now have one of our group checking places out by Lougheed Mall to see if there is anything nice out there. I'm sure all will work out fine, as it usually does.
And that ends another short, uneventful day for me. Late for bedtime again, so I better get my butt in gear and get ready to hit the hay. Tomorrow comes early enough. So until then, have a great night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment