Guess what? Yes, I forgot to blog again yesterday. I know, I said I would try not to forget just on Saturday and here I did just that. Forgot! But I do have to be honest about it. There just was nothing real interesting to write about. Oh, I did finish paying off our accommodations in Phuket yesterday morning. I got an email from Sawadee reminding me that the final payment was due by the 18th, so rather than until then (and possibly forget), I made the payment and in a couple minutes I had the confirmation as well as the required voucher for the hotel. The only thing that's not complete there is the transportation from the airport to the hotel. It's going to cost os THB 900 (approximately $30.00) for the driver to pick us up and drop us off at the hotel. Good deal for about a 45 minute drive.
So other than that, it was just the gym, breakfast, a visit to Apple (just because), and then dinner at home. Pretty mundane Sunday, but as I've said before, it's always nice to relax on a day off.
Today was back to work again. Nothing unusual there. I did check with manpower about the possibility of my vacation change request coming through for the second week of July. Right now it looks pretty slim, but they told me that if I do a shift trade and something comes through, they will let me know and if I can reverse the trade (which I can), then they will give me the week. So I'll do that this week. I know I will need at least an extra day off to recover from the trip home. It's going to be over 35 hours to complete that journey from the moment we get on the plane in Phuket, plus we have to remember that we are going to live a day again, as we arrive into Tokyo early Sunday morning then leave in the late afternoon, only to arrive back home the same morning. The international date line can drive a person crazy. I don't know how seasoned travellers can do it. My two experiences crossing it have both been tough. Ah well...
After work today I decided to head over to Vancouver Bullion and Currency Exchange to get some money exchanged. I have a 'Preferred Client' card there so I do get a slightly better than advertised exchange rate. Nothing to write home about, but in the big picture, when you're exchanging money on a fairly regular basis, every cent counts.
I decided to get $500 worth of Czech Koruna as well as $500 worth of Thai Baht as I had no idea how much money I would need in either place. I got 9100 Koruna and 14000 Baht, so that gives you an idea of what their currency is worth. I am pretty sure that it will be enough (possibly more than enough) money for the trip, but if I have too much, I can always get it changed back, and if not enough, well that's what credit cards are for. I still need to get some Japanese Yen as we will be there for over 11 hours and plan to leave the airport for a bit of it to explore nearby Narita Town. I'll decide next week how much I get, but it certainly won't be more than $100 worth.
Now I've got about an hour before I have to go to bed, so I'm going to sign off and watch a bit of TV. I say again that I will try to remember to update on a regular basis, but if I forget again, please forgive me but at least know that it was probably not too exciting of a day if I have nothing to write about.
No comments:
Post a Comment