Is it really 02h30 on the clock? And why am I wide awake? I tried to get back to sleep for the next half hour but it wasn't happening. So, rather than fight it, I just got up. I'll deal with the day as best I can.
I had decided to head to the gym today and see if I could get a little something started after holidays. I can truly say that it was a pretty lame day. I didn't get much accomplished, so just went home and then we were off to breakfast and Costco for some supplies.
This afternoon I had to make a visit to my family doctor. I hadn't seen her in about a year and half, and it was time to reconnect plus I wanted to discuss setting up an upcoming physical. We had talked about it before, and as I'm reaching that magic age, I need to have more checks on my body. She was definitely glad to see me and we had a little talk, then I ended up getting my booster shots for diphtheria and tetanus as they were already 8 years overdue (yikes).
Got that done, headed back home, and by this time, George had the laundry done and all was hanging up in the doorways or on the rack. We've found that most of the clothing we now buy is labelled not to tumble dry, so not only is it a saving for us, but we have been finding that clothes are lasting longer and don't lose their shape as quickly. A bonus to say the least, it's just having to deal with hanging clothes for a few hours.
We were both too tired to cook, so we picked up some takeaway from our local Thai restaurant. They were happy to see us again and glad we enjoyed our trip to their homeland.
But it was not to be a late evening. We both had to work in the morning, so we were off to bed by 22h00 and hopefully would have a good nights sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment